#80 Thread~~~~~

MsSuzKelly

Not sure if this was the best place to post this..but here goes.

Any suggestions of where I might be able to just walk in and purchase some #80 thread? I really really want to try to work some, and I want to do it TODAY (LOL) ~patience is not one of my vitues~. But if I have to wait patiently and order some online, so be it.....

I've gotten mine from two different places: Michaels and Ben Franklin.

At Michael's it is not with the crochet items and thread; it is a few rows over with tatting supplies (next to embroidery floss), at least at the Michael's I have been to.

Ben Franklin also has it with tatting supplies, but right next to crochet threads (although I think that this is a regional store).

JoAnn had some, again with the tatting supplies near the embroidery supplies, but I don't remember seeing any in a while.

Also, if you have a LNS (local needlework shop), they often have the size 80.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, yes that does help. I started to think that tatting would be where it would be...

I called a couple of LYS and they didn't carry any. I will call Joann's and Michael's and see...hopefullly I will have some #80 in my hot little hands tonight..LOL

Ok so I call up one of the Michael's near me and ask if they any of the #80 in stock. I sit on hold for a long time - then she comes back and says she didn't see any #80 = just the 10, 20, and some other things. Sigh. So I figure - I like going to new places anyhow- I drove a little ways and went to check on a different Michael's I've not been to yet.

I go to the embroidery section and I saw some spools of tatting thread DMC - in open view on a shelf. No #80. :no So, I start to walk away - when somethign catches my eye. Just Above where I was looking - hangin on hooks - somewhat hidden from view from other things haning in front of it, was all the #80 you could want - in SEVERAL diff colors. In little plastic packages. DMC:cheer :clap:cheer

Well, then I needed to get a #12 steel hook. Guess What? Nothing smaller than an 8 in ANY brand. Well, it was 8:45 and they just announced they were closing, so I hurried up and got out of there and highttailed it to the Joann's that was across the parking on the other side of the shopping center. I got my hook AND some really pretty Royal #10 thread. This Joann's ROCKED. I am so glad I drove the extra way - the Michael's was nice, too!!!!

Archived