is this worth a try?

woolandflax

Does anyone know anything about the service and pages built by ipage.com? I'm looking for something to help me since i don't know html to build my own, and also I want to be able to sell my own designs from my site.:computer

I'm not familiar with ipage.com, so I can't really say. But I've never been a fan of that type of service because I always find them limiting -- I want to do what I want to do how I want to do it. :D!

It really depends on what you are looking for. You have your blog at woolandflax.blogspot.com -- do you just want to enhance that or do you want to have a full-blown web site separate from your blog? When you say you want to sell your own designs from your site, do you mean you want to have a shopping cart and payment system set up?

My advice is to take it slow. It's frustrating when you see a lot of cool sites and want your own. But if you take your time and invest time, you'll be able to better figure out what best suits your needs. If you've never had any kind of web site before, maybe try out a free service and get a feel for it. There will be ads and it won't be as customizable as you want, but you're just getting your feet wet. Also, check out Lissa Explains It All. It's geared towards kids, but it will get you on the road to understanding html. I know it's helped a lot of people here.

Archived