Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

Karen, That is absolutely gorgeous. :drool:drool I love the colors in the yarn. I need to find some of that yarn so I can make one of these with that type of yarn. I'm going to try making this shawl in a different yarn first though.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made one already also out of Berroco's Cotton Twist. Here's a back view version of it Sweet Pea Shawl-back

I think I will start another one since I already have a different color of the same yarn, so I'm in!

Karen - it's gorgeous! Very summery I love it! :clap

That would be awesome!!!! Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE this shawl :) Thank you so much!!!!

Yay! I'm glad you like it. It's a fairly easy design. And if anyone is having problems with some of the stitches, don't forget to check the free video tutorials on my site:

http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html

Hello everyone,

O.k.....I am very new to crocheting...and brand new to the 'ville, but I joined mainly because I want to participate in this CAL. I am so excited....I just visited a LYS in the next town over from me...and they actually have the Classic Elite Yarns Flash in the pink tweed shown in the book. I am super siked to get going on this project tonight. Hoping you all will be able to help me when I get stuck. Thanks!

Gina

Hello everyone,

O.k.....I am very new to crocheting...and brand new to the 'ville, but I joined mainly because I want to participate in this CAL. I am so excited....I just visited a LYS in the next town over from me...and they actually have the Classic Elite Yarns Flash in the pink tweed shown in the book. I am super siked to get going on this project tonight. Hoping you all will be able to help me when I get stuck. Thanks!

Gina

The pink tweed is awesome... you're gonna love how it turns out. I am making another shawl in the same yarn but in the bluebell color... :manyheart

I made one already also out of Berroco's Cotton Twist. Here's a back view version of it Sweet Pea Shawl-back

I think I will start another one since I already have a different color of the same yarn, so I'm in!

Wow Karen, that looks AWESOME!!! I love the way the colors turned out!!

Hello everyone,

Gina

Of course we'll help you!! Just ask away if you have any questions :) I think this is a GREAT project for a beginner, because it's a combination of the different stitches that you need to use, and gives you plenty of opportunity to make them, therefore perfecting them. Let us know if you get stuck!

I need to join this one..I searched for my book and found it...now to buy yarn. I am looking onlne for the yarn stated.

I have a question though. can the shawl be made wider? I think I need it a little bigger as I am not a tiny person like in the picture

Fireeyes.....I was thinking the same thing...I think I may need to make it wider too. But...I just finished almost completing row one....I dunno If I have the heart to frog it. HHHHMMMMMMMM, maybe I will give it away as a gift. But...it looks toooo purtie to give it away. :yarn

OK Ladies (because I've yet to see any men on this thread),

Here's your button:

sweetpeaCAL.jpg

Right click on it to download it to your computer.

I can't wait to see how everyone's shawl comes out! :clap

I need to join this one..I searched for my book and found it...now to buy yarn. I am looking onlne for the yarn stated.

I have a question though. can the shawl be made wider? I think I need it a little bigger as I am not a tiny person like in the picture

Sure. Just look at the pattern repeat. I don't have it in front of me but I believe it's a 10 + 2 repeat, meaning every large shell takes up 10 stitches. I don't recall the exact size of each shell (My guess is a couple inches for each one. Mine is packed away in storage from our move. Can anyone verify my guesstimation?) So, let's assume each shell is two inches wide. If you want the shawl to be 2 inches wider, add 10 stitches to your base chain. If you want it to be 4 inches wider, add 20 to your base chain, and so on.

Does that make sense?

ok my book still says chain 202 makes base of 20 shells...so if I add 40 ch. it wiil give me increase enough...hope it doesn't make it too long :eek 4 rows add 3 1/2 "..should be ok

thanks for the correction

thank you Amie :manyheart

I've bought through this site before. They have a nice selection:

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4728469DD489964-Knitting/Knitting-Yarn/Classic-Elite-Yarn/Classic-Elite-Yarn-Flash.aspx

Love the button for this CAL. I'm just curious as to where we are to put it and how do we do it? I'm not familiar with buttons, so if anyone can teach this old dog a new trick, I'd be deeply appreciative :)

The pink tweed is awesome... you're gonna love how it turns out. I am making another shawl in the same yarn but in the bluebell color... :manyheart

AndiM...I checked out the Bluebell color online...and that is gonna be a beautiful shawl. Can't wait to see it! :hook

Thanks Amie for the button.. it's fabulous. I'm going to upload now.

Here's some more varigated colors from Patternworks.com although they sell theirs at $4.00 per skein.

http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsvyarn.asp?action=lookup&partno=827&subject=U40.L7&catpos=13

ok my book still says chain 202 makes base of 20 shells...so if I add 40 ch. it wiil give me increase enough...hope it doesn't make it too long :eek 4 rows add 3 1/2 "..should be ok

thanks for the correction

thank you Amie :manyheart

Remind me next time not to work from my brain. LOL. Yes, it's 202. I'll edit the first post.

Archived