Time to get the DC Heart Square CAL started!

RoseRed

Just thought of another issue - stitch height. I made one filet piece years ago that should have been square, but ended up as a rectangle, slightly wider than tall. And the image (a heart, too) was kind of shorter and fatter than it should have been. Because my dc's are not tall enough I guess.

Any suggestions on how to make my stitches taller?

Unless you want to start this in trc I don't think shorter dc's will make that much of a difference. This is the longer version of the 2 hearts. If you find that it's too short for you you can always increase the heart by 1 st on each side for each row instead of alternating 1 and 2 st increases in the center color.

What I did for the lapghans going to the Fisher House was to add extra rows. I did 11 rows on the top and the bottom and it came out to be an awesome rectangle.

The row count was taken from a graph. Basically it's the the written out version of it.

I'm going to make my Chiro a baby blanket in this - he's having a Grand-daughter!!!!! His wife knits and we're always chatting about yarn whenever I go in.

Archived