CGOA....?'s

They have a chat group on yahoo..but I love Crochetville, so I don't use that much...you can learn about groups in your area, and you do get a subscription to Crochet! (I think thats what it's called) You can go to the conference they have every year....I live to far a way for that..

I would say that Crochetville is more active than the yahoo group in a chatty way. I like supporting the organization so that's why I joined and I'm doing some designing so in the future I might try for "professional" membership then you can get a mentor so that's cool.

Currently, I'm helping out on the yahoo list to organize monthly or almost monthly CAL's. Last year we a member lead a CAL to make a hemp tote and another one to make socks. These were a bit more formal than the CAL's on the 'ville. They last about a month and each week a part of the pattern is released.

Not sure why, I do tend to come here for help more than CGOA but sometimes I do both.

I attend the local meetings. Since I'm not a CGOA member or a Local Group Member, I can't vote in the business meetings, but My (14yo) daughter and I get a lot out of being around other crocheters IRL (In Real Life).

Some Local Chapters operate differently, but our local chapter you can come to the meetings for free. It's so much fun. I've gotten yarn, patterns and lots of ideas!

I would say that Crochetville is more active than the yahoo group in a chatty way.

I like supporting the organization so that's why I joined and I'm doing some designing so in the future I might try for "professional" membership then you can get a mentor so that's cool.

so whats the professional membership, is that the one listed as corporate?

it was so much to read last night I just sat there saying WOOOO

Do they do masters programs like the knitters masters?

so whats the professional membership, is that the one listed as corporate?

it was so much to read last night I just sat there saying WOOOO

Do they do masters programs like the knitters masters?

They offer some programs but I'm not sure how it compares to the knitters stuff. They offer distance programs but you can take them w/o being a member but if you have a membership you do get a discount.

CGOA is unique as for an organization, I believe a professional membership is the same price as a members membership. You make a request to be a professional member, not sure how you get approved. You can get on professional membership email list too. That list help you through the process of submitting designs. That kind of discussion has been on the main list as well.

I think a corporate membership might be different more for yarn companies or businesses.

I suggest you send off an email with any questions to CGOA. If you have trouble getting back info send me a PM and I will try get your questions answered.

Archived