Looking for Coats Aida Size 5 color 2

tutuof3

Hello,

I am making 3 dresses for the little girls in my son's wedding in May, 2007. I didn't like the color of the whites, eggshells, beiges here (though we have many companies, the colors are remarkably similar). So I branced out - Way out - on the internet and ordered from CrochetAustralia. Vicki was very helpful and after a trial order of several colors I chose Coats Aida, Color 2 Heirloom White. I am copying an antique dress, one my son's fiance's great, great aunt made for her mother and aunt. I am making one "as is" in girls' size 3 using size 20 thread and need to make 2 more size 5. I had thought to use size 10 thread to do this and the same pattern, but as I have progressed with this first one, I realized the size 5 thread might be better for the larger dresses. So, I logged onto Vicki's site to reorder, only to find that the Coats Aida has been discontinued. I was able to buy 10 balls, hopefully enough for one dress.

I have "googled" Coats Aida without success. I am wondering if anyone knows a source for 10 to 12 more skeins of the size 5 Coats Aida in color 2.

(The Aida size 5 has 1/2 as much thread (200 meters) as the size 20. I am going to use 4 balls of the size 20 or about 1600 meters for the little dress. I figured the larger dresses would need at least 8 balls each and if they need to be longer, more than that. I have found 10 balls, but still need that some more. Does anyone know a thread that might be essentially the same but marketed under another name? I know Coats Europe is very different than Coats and Clark USA.

I sure would appreciate any help anyone could give me towards locating a shop or online site that might sell this thread or another that was the same color and quality.

Thanks very much,

Denise

Archived