First Felted Bag

DancingStitches

I have just tried felting for the first time and my bag came out great. :D I used Noro Kureyon and the bag came out beautifully striped. I put it through the wash 3 times and shaped it and let it dry thoroughly. Even though it looks great, I am wondering if I could have felted it a little more. Would I be able to put in back into the wash a couple more times? :think Or, should I just leave it as is and try felting another bag more - possibly 5 washings instead of 3.

Yes, you can throw your bag back in the wash, even after it has dried. I did with my first bag because I didn't like the way it looked at first. It helped shrink it up a bit more and made it a little stiffer. I'd love to see pics of your finished product!:hook

Thanks Cocoa Cream - I think I'll go toss it in the "hot water" right now. I would definately like it to be tighter and stiffer. I'll let you know how it comes out. I would love to share photos but I haven't had the time to figure out how to do that :(

I absolutely love the way the colors look when you felt the Kureyon. Unfortunately, Kureyon becomes very soft and kind of floppy. If you wanted you could line it with some material that has a stiffener bonded to it.... sort of like Pellon. That would make the bag stiffer. It depends on the style of the bags. Some, like hobo bags, are OK kind of floppy.

Would love to see a picture, when it's done.

Joan

Oh boy, I hope I do not have to line the bag - I'm not very good at that kind of thing:eek . I gave it a few more washings - 3 more to be exact - for a total of 6 and thought that maybe it was too stiff now. It's "tight" - I mean really tight! Does it get floppy with a lot of use or just over a period of time? I love it though, the stripes are great. I was going to make more for friends but maybe I should use this one for a while to see how it holds up. Maybe I'll see if I can find some other patterns to try - any suggestions? How about wool? I heard Patons Classic works up nice.....but, oh, I love the Kureyon. Any suggestions for all the Kureyon I have?

Thanks so much! And again, I love the "Ville!!!! EVERYONE is wonderful!

Archived