Any problems with Dodo orders???

Happy_Hooker

I recently purchased a Dodo hook on Etsy...

Ordered 11/1- payment made same day...

I believe the $$ cleared Paypal on 11/6...

Today is 11/30, almost 1 month later, and still no hook...

I believe it is coming from out of the US but I think I should have it by now... :(

Did anyone else have any problems with their Dodo orders???

I just sent a note today through Etsy and Paypal... If I don't hear anything soon I will have to dispute... That was a lot in shipping because of the customs fees. It was a very pretty hook though!!! :(

I believe the Dodo hooks come from Canada. I'm not sure how things are coming into the US from Canada, but the cosmetics company I work for had to discontinue shipping to Canada because of excessive delivery time delays. We would ship promptly within just a couple of days at most, yet sometimes it took 4-6 weeks or longer for customers to get their orders.

We shipped via USPS to avoid the expensive brokerage fees charged by UPS. Customers also wanted to avoid the high cost of the USPS shipping options that featured tracking capability. We could prove that the package had left our country, but we were unable to get any information beyond that point. The lengthy, unexplained delays became unacceptable to us and to our customers.

It's possible that something like this applies in reverse as well, with packages being held up by the US customs officials this time.

Is today the first attempt you've made to contact Dodo about this order? If so, hopefully you'll get a quick response so that you'll know what is going on. If it turns out the package has been shipped, you might still have to file with Paypal before the 30-day deadline just in case it got lost in the mail or something. If Paypal refunds the money and you later receive the package, you could then contact Dodo to arrange to pay her again.

Thanks Amy...

I work for a company that receives shipments from Canada on a daily basis... We have found it takes about 2 weeks for shipping because of customs... I know it depends where it is coming from in Canada though...

This is the first time I have made an attempt to contact the seller... I thought I would give it a chance before I have a hissy fit... I figured if they got the notification $$ was received they probably didn't get it out until a few days later... That would have been the week of Thanksgiving then for the two weeks mark. but now I realize it is almost a month later, it is getting up there... I don't think it should take this long from Canada based on my experience.

Don't forget it's the start of the holiday season, too, so I'd imagine customs may be dealing with a much heavier volume than at other times of the year. People probably start shipping Christmas/holiday stuff in early November just so they can be sure it gets where it's going in time.

I bought some Dodo Hooks on eBay and they arrived timely (couple weeks I think) and it went well... not sure if he still sells on eBay but I did notice Annie's Attic (I think:think ) or one of the bigger catalogs was carrying about four styles of Dodo Hooks!

Archived