Pattern mistake, or am I just not getting it?

yarnart

I am VERY new to thread crochet...so I started with "easy" patterns. I found one at http://members.aol.com/MKachain/index.html

Now...According to round `1...there are only DC's...but in round 2 it says "Chain 3-DC in same stitch" What stitch? Then it continues to say DC 2X in each space...and there were no spaces from the previous round.

Am I just not getting this? I've tried it twice...and I can't even "see" what they mean when I try it.

Suggestions?

Veronica

I looked at the pattern (and it is really pretty). The way I'm reading it is:

Round 3:

After chaining 3, you DC in the bottom of the chain (the same loop that you started the the chain from round 2). Then you DC in each loop twice (so the tops of the DCs in round 2 will have 2 DCs in them to form round 3). Clear as mud?? :)

I hope I helped.

:cheer The CH3, at the start of the row, stands as the first DC and because it is a flat circle you are making, you do anothe DC into the base of the CH3, then do 2DC into every DC for the whole round.

You will now have twice as many DCs as you had in round 1.

It is quite common to just say "1DC into same ST", instead or writing "1DC into the base of the CH" or 1DC into the same place as the CH3"

Hope this helps.

Let us know if it doesnt.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS, You said that you thought you didnt have a Stitch to work into. You actually had a whole round of Stitches. Every SC, DC, CH or whatever can be called a Stitch.:hug

Archived