Adela's Yarns in Castro Valley, CA

Nikkidear

I was in there the other day, and had a great discussion with the owner. I commented on the general feeling that most LYS have against crocheters, and she replyed saying that they are really trying to be crochet friendly. Apparently the local chapter of the CGOA meets there once a month and they never buy any yarn there. It was pretty sad. They also have a world class crochet teacher for the classes. Unfortunately 80% of people that go in there looking for lessons do not feel they should have to pay for them. They carry high quality yarns and hooks. I bought my last Addi hook there, and it is a pleasure to work with. It was nice to change the mind of a LYS, not all of us use only cheapy yarn, or feel that $20 is not unreasonable for a great lesson.

So if any one is in the area, and wants to support a nice LYS, please give them a visit.

Apparently the local chapter of the CGOA meets there once a month and they never buy any yarn there....Unfortunately 80% of people that go in there looking for lessons do not feel they should have to pay for them.
This is the sort of attitude that contributes to the "anti-crochet" vibe I get in most yarn shops I visit. I've encountered a lot of crocheters who want cashmere service at a Red Heart price and that's just unrealistic.

Thanks for the scoop about this shop. I'll check it out if I'm in that area :hook

Archived