Longer hook, or just different shape?

malimore

Well, it's got to the point that I can't hardly stand it. I love to crochet, but the hooks I'm using make my hands sore. I like my metal hooks because they slide through the yarn easier, but they always end up poking me in the palm. If I hold tighter on the hook, so my hand doesn't slide down that far, my hand starts to cramp up. My hand only slides down to a point and then stops. I was wondering if maybe I needed to custom order a hook that is longer? Maybe just get afghan hooks?

I've been researching all night and found a bunch of different ones. Jimbo, I'm eye-balling yours for sure...although I might have you custom make me one. I did drowl over the glass ones, but $70 is a bit stiff if it doesn't work for me. I don't need a hook that I can't use...I don't have enough company over to make it a showpiece.

I was just looking for some input. I am sorta set in my crochet style: holding the hook, tension, etc. Difficult to change that now, I'm finding. Now I'm trying to make the hook fit my style.

Mali

Mali, I've fallen in love with the clover soft touch hooks. The shaft is aluminum and satiny smooth! You could give those a try. Good luck hook shopping!:hook

Well, it's got to the point that I can't hardly stand it. I love to crochet, but the hooks I'm using make my hands sore. I like my metal hooks because they slide through the yarn easier, but they always end up poking me in the palm. If I hold tighter on the hook, so my hand doesn't slide down that far, my hand starts to cramp up. My hand only slides down to a point and then stops. I was wondering if maybe I needed to custom order a hook that is longer? Maybe just get afghan hooks?

I've been researching all night and found a bunch of different ones. Jimbo, I'm eye-balling yours for sure...although I might have you custom make me one. I did drowl over the glass ones, but $70 is a bit stiff if it doesn't work for me. I don't need a hook that I can't use...I don't have enough company over to make it a showpiece.

I was just looking for some input. I am sorta set in my crochet style: holding the hook, tension, etc. Difficult to change that now, I'm finding. Now I'm trying to make the hook fit my style.

Mali

I know what you mean, Mali. I have the same problem with the hooks being too short. Unfortunately, mizduck, I don't think the Clover hooks will work for Mali, because when I finally saw them in the store, I realized that Clover hooks are even shorter than the Boye hooks.:( Jimbo's hooks might be the way to go.

• 2 months later...

Archived