Yarn Events?

Our local Michaels is having a Yarn Event and big sale this month.. and I've been put in charge of setting up the displays because I've been dubbed the "yarn guru" at that store.. :eek

Eeek!! Anyone done one of these or have any ideas? It needs to cover crocheting, knitting and the little knitting looms... I've got a week or so to put this together.. ANY ideas or input would be more than welcome.. they would be loved and given a very good home :lol

Anyone?:D

Are you setting up displays using just the sale items, or are you supposed to show how the yarns and supplies can be used by displaying finished projects, or a little of both? :think

Well according to the Michaels website it's when you can bring projects in to get help with patterns, pick up project sheets and buy supplies for new projects as well they are going to push the crochet and knitting classes.

I'll probably take in a bunch of stuff I've done just to show as there is a wide wide variety of yarns and items in that box. I just wondered if anyone had been to something like this and what went on. I guess I'll find out next weekend :lol

Wow! Well, I've never been to any event like that but it sure sounds like fun! I think taking a lot of your own projects sounds like a great idea.

That is the plan :) I also felted a basket and am doing some stuff with the Nifty Knitter.. that's alot of fun lol

I have a week to plan on it and see what I can come up with, but basically I think it's pushing the yarn, the classes and anything else to do with yarn there.

Ohoh.. I got 2 folks signed up for my first class tomorrow night :hook

Archived