Neighborhood Knits in Dearborn, Michigan

Starr

This is definantely a SPECIALTY yarn store, you won't find Lion Brand or Red Heart yarns, etc... there, but it is great for that once in a while treat of yarns that you just can't find anywhere else (well, except for online LOL)

They also have a nice selection if notions, although, I think that they should carry more crochet hooks, but, unfortunately, the Owners only know knitting.

For the type of yarns that they carry, I think that they are reasonably priced.

They also have a WONDERFUL, "plain" worsted weight 80/20 Acrylic/wool blend from Universal Yarn Inc. called Classic Worsted that is just divine!

It is VERY soft and works up nicely and it is only $5.98, which, IMO, is pretty much comparable to some of the craft store yarns.

I am using it for the Knotted Cables Pullover that I am working on right now.

They will be having there 1 year anniversay in November this year, so they are very new.

If anyone is interested in taking a look, they are located in Dearborn, Michigan on Ford Road, about a mile east of Telegraph Road on the south side of Ford.

I think that the store needs more crocheters to visit and speak up because they told me that they don't see many people who crochet and don't believe that it is as popular as it is. I also know that one of the owners really wants to have more crocheter's come into the store...

http://www.neighborhood-knits.com/

:hook

Archived