Wisconsin

kimmer

i live in oshkosh, so anywhere from green bay south to milwaukee, then east to sheboygan and west to point. how's that?

Kimmer

First and formost, welcom to one of the best places on earth

Second regarding the wool yarn, I know you have a Hobby Lobby in your area - lucky duck :cheer or check Michaels and Joann's for Paton's Classic Merino Wool.

I would know of the following yarn stores: Kro-sha - where there is a scheduled Wisconsin meet for fellow 'ville members on August 26th.

Also in Elm Grove there is the Yarn House

Here is a web site that may be more helpful : http://www.dailyknitter.com/shopsWI.html

just click on the link above.

Hope I have been a bit of help,

Other than that keep on crocheting

:angryGrrr! I had a long response to this and my computer pooped again and I lost it.

The closest to you that I've been to (and one of my favorites) is Bahr Creek Llamas & Fiber Studios in Cedar Grove. It's not a typical yarn store in that it's a small outbuilding on the owner's farm. There's a picture of it on their site. They have a great color assortment of Cascade 220 and lots of other wools plus handspun llama yarn and many other yarns as well (a list of some that they carry is on their site under Products). You can watch the llamas grazing behind the shop from the back window of the store. While you're back there, check out the projects hanging on the weaving looms. If you do any needlefelting, this will be heaven as she has tons of roving. I like shopping there because it's nice knowing the profits go to a family instead of a corporation and how can you not have fun shopping on a farm!:D

Further south in Barton (technically part of West Bend) is Xpressions. It's a combination yarn & bead store. The store is small, the variety is pretty good. The WW wool color selection is satisfactory and they have lots of Noro. This one again is owned by an individual, so I don't mind spending money there. She doesn't do much with the web site as you can tell, but it does give directions and manufacturer names of most of the yarns she carries.

In Grafton is Grafton Yarn Store. They're kind of yarn snobs there, but they have a decent variety of Cascade 220 and other nice wools.

All three of those have similar prices for their yarns. My favorite is the first one because the owner is very friendly and helpful and it's relaxing shopping there and I like watching the llamas. My second favorite is Xpressions because it's much closer to me and the owner is great. I usually only go to the last one if I'm desperate for something that the other two don't have or if they're open and the others aren't. That's just because if I have the option of being picky about who gets my money, I will be.;)

There's a new one on Main Street in Theinsville called Fibre. I haven't been there yet and don't see a web site for them.

I'm sure there must be some others closer to you, though Cedar Grove/Plymouth isn't too bad of a drive. If you have a Banner Crafts or Michaels, they usually have Paton's Wool. Hobby Lobby usually carries Lion Wool. With both of those brands you don't have a great color assortment, but maybe the colors you want will be one of them.

Happy Shopping!:hook

Archived