red heart baby cloud yarn/ baby blanket pattern to go with

tamamah

Question

I have some red heart baby cloud yarn.

I just started crocheting... 3/4 way through one of those bubbles baby blankets. (ran out of yarn, and am having problems finding it, so that is on hold until I try a store or two). So, I'm thinking of starting another blanket. I have some red heart baby cloud yarn. Fairly thick.

I'm looking for a reasonably easy pattern. I've searched on this site and seen a few ideas, a tried a few swatches.

I've tried a shell pattern on the project linus site, and a tried a crazy stitch pattern. I tried a victory pattern on the lion brand website, but don't care for it. I guess the main thing I'm looking for is a good pattern for a thicker yarn that is reasonbly easy, and goes fairly quickly. Something like the bubbles pattern with this yarn, I think would be too thick and wouldn't look right. So... I'm leaning towards the two I mentioned.

Other Suggestions?

Tammy

6 answers to this question

There is a simple ripple pattern on the red heart site that I've made about 3 times. It takes a good 4 skeins of yarn and an N hook. It works up in about 12-13 hours. I could probably write the entire pattern out for you if you can't locate it on the site.

Really, any pattern that calls for an 10 mm/N nook will be compatible with Baby Clouds yarn.

i picked up a freebie pattern this week for baby clouds, if your would like it PM me with you address and i will put it in the mail to you!looks like it mostly dc and calls for 35 ounces of yarn using P hook

i picked up a freebie pattern this week for baby clouds, if your would like it PM me with you address and i will put it in the mail to you!looks like it mostly dc and calls for 35 ounces of yarn using P hook

Thanks. I started working with the yarn, and did find it quite difficult to use.... my big problem with crocheting is always row one into the foundation row. I have a hard time with it for regular yarn, and found it next to impossible to do any sort of pattern in this yarn in row1.

I decided to go with just a simple sc and change colors ever 5 rows or so. Yarn is easy/fast to work with after row 1.

thx

Tammy

Archived