Nebraska Pine Ridge Reservation Outreach

yarnart

We work closely with several organizations to collect and deliver donated clothing and hand made items to Pine Ridge Reservation in South DAkota. I am also the "Urgent Needs" Program Manager for One Spirit, and on our site is a link where you can directly sponsor an elder or a child. YOU have direct communication with them and decide what to send. We willingly share our information with you and unlike other organizations, hide nothing.

Our website is http://www.brightsolutionsgroup.com. There you will also find links to our Yahoo group, etc. Anyone welcome. If you live near Omaha, coming soon are get-togethers to crochet together! We welcome help of all kinds.

People on Pine Ridge Reservation are living in Third World Conditions. Many people have no heat, no sewer system...there are no corporations on the reservation, so people have to travel 150 miles for a job. Our organization delivers much needed and welcomed items to them. Hand crafted items are especially welcomed, because they require time and effort to make and send. Hand made afghans, hats, mittens, lapghans and such are very much needed by children and elders alike on the reservation.Thanks in advance!

Veronica

The elder that I personally sponsor on the rez just told me that 4 of her grandchildren have moved in with her. That makes 10 people she will have to keep warm this coming winter. Any volunteers to help her family stay warm? It would so be appreciated.

Thanks

Veronica :hook

Hi. Pine Ridge IS in South Dakota, and right across the Nebraska Border. A lot of Nebraskans wanted to help, and many people only donate to a "local" organization. That's why it's called the Nebraska Pine Ridge Reservation Outreach...but it is open to all. Before we started the Outreach, I found that many of the current organizations were trying to do things from as far away as the East Coast. Since we are 'near' the Reservaton, and go there several times a year anyway, some decided to work with us, and we with them, since pride shouldn't come before charity.

Anyway, that's why it's called Nebraska Pine Ridge Reservation.

As far as the ages...my Elder has one teeny one I believe, a grand-daughter.

Thanks for your interest.

Archived