First LYS trip

Up until today, I have only bought yarn at Wal-Mart and Michael's. I thought that it was hard leaving Michael's without buying something, and then I saw the inside of Wicker & Wool. The colors, the textures, even the smells! I couldn't stop just running my fingers over all of the yarn. I limited myself to just 2 balls, so I had a hard time deciding. I ended up with some teal Berroco Plush (sooo soft!) and some dark purple to light purple variegated wool (should I felt it? Should I make something for myself or someone else?). There were so many others I could have gotten. I think the next one I'm getting is some Snowflake Chunky. So this is how yarn stashes grow!:cloud9

I know what you mean ~ I had been putting off going to my LYS for about 6 months, I couldn't stand it any longer, I was in awe of the choices they have. I went about a month ago bought 5 balls of wool to make a felted purse/tote (depending on how it felts down). Haven't been back, but will be going back this week for more wool and my yarn swaps partners.

Michelle

Archived