Pattern help again Hats/caps

Ga_Rebel

Question

I am doing this pattern for caps and so far so good.http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=1609

I am up to round 6 but at this point I needed to write the rest out so I know what I am doing but this one part has me confused. The part in Red is where I am confused.

Keeping cont of pattern, inc 6 sts on every row, as before to 48 sts, then every alt row to 60 sts.

Cont in pattern, work 9 even rows even.

Next Rnd work from left to right instead of right to left, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around.

What the heck does all that mean. Other than that its an easy pattern that works up quickly.

3 answers to this question

Keeping cont of pattern, inc 6 sts on every row, as before to 48 sts, then every alt row to 60 sts.

That part means that you will increase 6 sts every other row until you get to a row that has 60 sts. Like this:

48sts (last row you did)

next row - work without increasing

next row - increase 6sts to get 54 sts

next row - work without increasing

next row - increase 6sts to get 60 sts.

Cont in pattern, work 9 even rows even.

This means that you won't do any increases or decreases for the next 9 rows.

Next Rnd work from left to right instead of right to left, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around.

This round is made in reverse sc stitch, which is worked from left to right. Here's a link that shows you how to do this stitch:

http://www.******/crochet/sawonpar.html (pictures are at end of "hat" portion of pattern.

Ok I think I understand this let me see...

the reverse stitch. If I was looking at a row of stitches instead of putting the hook through the part closest to me I put it through the part farthest away from me. (If that makes some sense)

the left right thing is kinda confusing. So instead of working counter clockwise I am working clockwise?

Archived