DIY NETWORK seeks needle arts groups

Uncommon Threads

Please see http://www.myspace.com/uncommonthreads

Deadline is June 12th 2006 but please apply ASAP for a better chance of being on the show!

Each episode of Uncommon Threads features a group of usually three needle, fiber or fabric artists, who do basically any craft that would involve a needle in some capacity with the exception of knitting (which is covered by "Knitty Gritty.") So that includes crochet, along with sewing, needlepoint, embroidery, rug hooking, needle felting, etc etc. The artists either work on a project together, or they each take turns demonstrating seperate projects.

We do cover the flight and hotel of all guests. Guests would be needed in the LA area for 2-3 days sometime during the time period of August 7 - Sept 8, depending on when their taping is scheduled.

Those interested should do some brainstorming and get some interested people together for their group, as well as potential project(s) ideas, and then email me info about and photos of everyone/everything. Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions.

Thanks to Crochetville for allowing us use of this wonderful forum. I hope the crochet community will enjoy the show once it starts airing (slated for late summer.) Check http://www.diynetwork.com for updates!

Lorelei Plotczyk

Screen Door Entertainment

LPlotczyk@sdetv.com

818.781.5600 x126

I know some people have concerns about sites being hosted on myspace, but the admin team does believe this is a legitimate post. So enjoy! :)

The producers of Uncommon Threads, an upcoming show on the DIY Network featuring crochet and other needlearts, have asked for Crochetville’s assistance in helping them find crochet groups to feature on their second season of shows. The first season is set to air this summer, and they will begin shooting the second season in August/September 2006.

I will paste the casting letter below, and just above my signature you can click on a link to download a pdf version of the show application. If you are part of a local group with at least 4 members who could attend taping sessions during that timeframe, we urge you to submit an application for your group. Crochetville administrators are putting together a team to represent Crochetville in an official capacity, so we ask that you not represent your group as being affiliated with Crochetville in your application. However, if you are a member of any local group or want to get a local group started in the next couple of months, this would be an excellent opportunity for your group to apply to appear on this show.

If the Crochetville team is selected to appear on the show, we will disclose the team members at that time.

Signup deadline is June 12, but for best chance at selection, Uncommon Threads producers say to submit your application as soon as possible.

---------

UNCOMMON THREADS CASTING LETTER:

CALLING ALL NEEDLE CRAFTERS!

Are you a part of a fun and creative needle crafting group? Then the DIY Network is looking for you!

We are looking for needle arts clubs to feature on a TV show for the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Network. DIY is the network that brought you "Knitty Gritty," and now we’re producing a second season of "Uncommon Threads," a show that focuses on all kinds of stitchery and fiber arts—from crochet, embroidery, quilting, sewing, rug hooking, weaving and even needle felting. This program will inspire a new generation of crafters to explore all the great needle arts. If you work your needle to create it, you'll see it on our show.

If you and at least three friends would like to share your hip and inventive projects on television, we're looking for you! Your club can be made up of friends, business or work associates, church groups, civic clubs, or any other organized or non-organized entities. Candidates must be fun and outgoing and willing to travel to our studio to show us how they have created some of their unique projects.

For more info, send an email to nmurdock@sdetv.com or give me a call at (818) 781-5600 x124.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

Nichelle Murdock

Associate Producer

DIY Network’s “Uncommon Threads”

(818) 781-5600 x124

nmurdock@sdetv.com

Archived