Little Duck/Chicken pattern

Hi there,

I am fairly new to crocheting, so I have what may be some silly questions.

When I start to crochet the rounds i seem to be ending up with 17 stitches where ever I'm supposed to have 15, or just slightly more than the amount in your directions. Am I making a beginner's mistake somewhere?

Also, where you say to keep the body seam towards the back, should I be seeing a visible seam, because I really don't?

Thank you! your patterns are wonderful, btw. So cute and perfect to learn on!

-Becca

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KristieMN, this is just what I was looking for!! My son is in preschool and right now they are reading a couple books about ducks. They also happen to be reading a few frog books, is the frog in your avitar one of your creations? and if so, do you have a pattern available? Thanks! I'll try to post if/when I finish the duck!

KristieMN, this is just what I was looking for!! My son is in preschool and right now they are reading a couple books about ducks. They also happen to be reading a few frog books, is the frog in your avitar one of your creations? and if so, do you have a pattern available? Thanks! I'll try to post if/when I finish the duck!

It is indeed one of my patterns!

It is in my etsy store.

If you are looking for free patterns, check out my blog in my signature.

There is 2 different free patterns listed at my blog also.

I would love to see you duck!

• 3 months later...

THESE ARE SO CUTE! :cheer I was never into crocheting miniatures until last year when making Christmas ornaments. I would take a pattern that I liked (made with WW yarn) and used #10 thread and a size 7 hook! No pattern changes - only smaller. So, I decided to do some of your small animals! I just made 2 of the chickens and they will become ornaments for my tree also. I have 5 grown children and I make ornaments for all their trees. Also make them for my 9 grandchildren and pack away for them when they have their own place and own tree! (they range from 8 years to two 17 year olds!)

Thank you so much for sharing all your patterns! P.S. ....also made your 'piggy' last night! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM! :c9

Arlene

• 1 year later...

I made him last night and he turned out so cute!! Thanks for sharing the pattern. You can see him on my blog http://rainydaydoller.blogspot.com/

I am thinking about making some red ones for Xmas tree ornaments--wouldn't they be cute?! Thanks again for sharing, Kristie!! Barb

• 1 year later...

I made 24 of the ducks in bright & baby colors for my local nursing home.

As it turns out they were a huge hit!

I am always searching for cute and fun patterns that work up quickly for them.

They love the bright happy colors so I am forever using the neon colored yarns.

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your pattern!

I had a blast making them and the residents at the nursing home LOVED them!

I wish I had a picture to share, but my camera is in the shop and they are taking forever with it

I made 24 of the ducks in bright & baby colors for my local nursing home.

As it turns out they were a huge hit!

I am always searching for cute and fun patterns that work up quickly for them.

They love the bright happy colors so I am forever using the neon colored yarns.

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your pattern!

I had a blast making them and the residents at the nursing home LOVED them!

I wish I had a picture to share, but my camera is in the shop and they are taking forever with it

That is awsome!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I have a huge place in my heart for the elderly!

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Archived