Changing colors

little-jen

Question

Hi guys

Just signed up, and already a question :embar

Well, just started to crochet about 2 weeks ago. I took a class to leran to crochet. Our first project is a granny sqaure purse. The woman showed us how to do it, and now I have to make 32 of them til tuesday.

The problem is...When I change colors and I get to the end of a round, you can see the previous color underneath the last 2 dc's. It just looks bad. Is this normal, or is there a way so you don't see the other yarn?

Hope I explained it so people will understand what I'm talking about ;)

Thanks

Jen

3 answers to this question

Aha! I have the answer for you. Lets say you are using "Color A" and color B. Your pattern say sc 4 "A" then sc 4 "B"; On last sc using color "A" change to color B with last yo, pull through then proceed to crochet 4 sc with color B. If I haven't made it clear, let me know and I will look up the correct wording in one of my many booklets. Good LucK! :cheer

Yup, I agree. Using the new color as the final "pull through" for that final stitch will keep the new color all the way across that row without a loop of the first color peeking in.

The other thing that maybe you're saying is, are you "carrying" the "color B" along behind "color A" and then switching to "color B" again? If that's what you're talking about, then when you have switched colors, "finish off" the first color, do your second color row, finish off the second color, and start with the next (or original) color.

Clear as mud?:think

Thanks guys...

I know this is hard to explain without seeing the square :think

I will try what you suggested, and see if it works out.

Gonna report back ;)

Peace

Jen

Archived