Need help with afghan stitch

kaamrb

Question

I have done my pattern via single crochet but now i just bought and afghan and want to learn how to crochet my graph with the afghan hook. But the part i dont understand is " when you do the pattern across what do you do when you are coming back" From the tutorials i have read that each row is done in two parts so how do you do the second part. Please help me!!!!!

Kelly

3 answers to this question

You pick up loops on the first part of the row. On the way back, you YO, draw through one loop,*YO, draw through two loops. Repeat from * back to the beginning of the row.

ok i guess what i am asking is this the pattern calls for 60 black 20 yellow 60 black, so i do that across the 140 stitches but when i come back what color do i use?

Kelly

:thinkFROM WHAT I CAN UNDERSTAND, IS THAT YOU

ARE USING COLORED CHANGES, YES?

:think IS THIS A CHECKERED BOARD PATTERN?

:thinkARE YOU USING THE TRADITIONAL AFGHAN HOOK?

:thinkARE YOU USING THE DOUBLE POINTED AFGHAN

HOOK?

:yes THE EASIEST WAY IF YOU HAVE JUST THE 140 IS TO HAVE 2 SKEINS OF THE BLACK . START OUT WITH THE

CHAIN USING THE BLACK . WHEN YOU START TO DO THE LOOPS, PULL UP THE 60 IN BLACK THEN LEAVING A 3 INCH TAIL START LOOPING THE RED AND THEN AGAIN WITH THE BLACK. THIS WAY YOU WON'T HAVE TO CARRY ANY COLORS AND THE BACK WILL BE TIDY.

COMING BACK,YOU SIMPLY WORK OFF THE LOOPS. DROP ONE COLOR PICK THE NEXT AND SO ON.

IF USING THE GRAPH, FOR EVERY SQUARE, THAT IS A COLOR:blink :blush I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Archived