Foreign magazines

benee16

I was hoping someone had links to any foreign magazines. I have been seeing and hearing about the beautiful patterns from Russian, French, German, etc magazines, but I can't seem to find out what the magazines are, and where to get them.

Denise

I'm also very interested in this -- there's a specific Phildar magazine (Ete 2004, issue 408) that I've been trying to track down for forever. My LYS told me that there aren't any distributors in the US that carry Phildar magazines anymore. Only place I've been able to find it has been through a shop in the Netherlands... too bad I don't read Dutch. :(

(Hey! Any Dutch speakers want to help me figure out the site so I can order it?! Or Canadians/Frenchies that could help me track down a copy? I can... hmm... maybe get you American magazines/yarn you have trouble tracking down over there? :D)

I see quite a few foreign knit/crochet books and magazines on ebay, but they can get so expensive. The last one I tried to get went up to darn near $80, and I just can't justify that. (Not to the husband-man, anyway.)

I get my Phildars from Knit n Tyme ... It's a Canadian store. It's been pretty good, except when they don't tell you that something is backordered. I ordered a Phildar that was backordered, and they held the rest of my order until it came in. They didn't tell me until I called them to see why my order was taking so long. But other than that, my transactions with that store were ok. You can just Google the store name, I'm sure it'll come up. (I don't have the link right now.)

I think Phildar is mostly knit though. They do have some special crochet issues, but the regular mags are mostly knit. If you go to the Phildar home page, there's a section that lets you look through all the pages in their magazines. So you could see before buying them if you like any of the patterns in it.

When a friend went to Europe, she also brought back some magazines called "Katia" that were all crochet projects inside. Very beautiful elegant pieces. I think that magazine is Spanish or Italian.

Archived