Short Row Shaping (Halcyon Shawl) Help Please

Chrome Kitty

Question

I started the Halcyon Shawl last night and got to row 15 after doing the short row shaping. Now I don't know what the end of that row means:

". . . hdc in remaining hdcs (count turning ch from previous row as one hdc and make another hdc in same st as hdc two rows below). 3hdc in turning ch."

so I put the last hdc of the row in the turning chain of previous row. Then I did another hdc in the same st as hd c two rows below. But now I don't know where the 3hdc in turning ch will go, since I've already done a hdc in the turning chain of row 14 (in blue) and then went down two rows below and put a hdc there (in red), and I don't think I'm supposed to go back up to row 14 and put 3 more in there, am I? I don't get it, I don't know where these should go. :thair

Please Help!:yell

5 answers to this question

:cheer I have done a few rows to get the pattern set but have not yet got to row 15 so it will take a wee while.

:cheer Just reading it makes no sense at all so hopefully it will when I get to it.

:cheer Most patterns can be checked out with a few rows but this one, because of where it starts, needs the whole bit done to do row 15.

:cheer I will be back later.

:cheer In the mean time, can you contact the person who wrote the pattern?Have fun.

Colleen

I've got it. :yay Row 15 goes down into the tch of row 14 and then into the tch of row 13 and then continues in the unused stitches of row 12 to the end and then comes the 3hdcs. The next row (16) does the same on the other side of rows 15, 14 and 13.

Thank you for your help with this! Now that you've started the shawl, are you going to finish it?;)

:cheer I dont think so because I started it with pale blue and was going to join in another colour when that ran out.

:cheer If I do though, I will know where to find help when I get stuck.

:cheer Glad you worked it out. Sometimes it is a matter of reading an instruction several times before the penny drops.

:cheer Good luck with it and maybe you will post a picture when it is done.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived