Hat hell!!!

CrochetKelli

Question

I cannot make a hat. I have tried and it just does not seem to work. I can get a few rows going and then the patterns all get nuts. Does anyone have a SIMPLE pattern for hats that a beginner can use? Please send any tips you would offer to a new-hatmaker:think

6 answers to this question

I like the basic skullies. Nothing fancy to start. No brims or changing colors. I'm not sophisticated with the stiches yet but I can do sc and dc competently. Rounds or rows? Either is fine. I think rows are easier to start because you can mark them/tell where you left off.

Here is a pattern I use to make hats for the homeless.It has color changes but I usually just do single colors And if you don't want the chain 3 to show as much just do a chain 2 and don't count the chain as a stitch. Instead of slip stitching to the top of the chain skip it and do your slip stitch in the top of your first double.Also to start if you use this method be sure you don't count your first chain 2 at the begining. In other words start with a chain 2 AND 12 doubles.

I had a hard time remembering this when I first started to make hats.

If you have any questions about this just ask.

Corky

http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/cpatt10.htm

Archived