LB Homespun Streamlined Sweater

beturtlement

Question

This is my first attempt to stray beyond afghans, shawls, and scarves; and I'm having a little trouble discerning part of this cardigan/jacket pattern. I emailed LionBrand and received a one sentence response that didn't even begin to help me understand.

For the left and right front pieces, these are the directions:

LEFT FRONT: Ch 65. Work pat Rows 1 and 2, then continue to rep Row 2 for pat, dec 1 st at center front on next row, then every 4 rows 18 times more. Work until Left Front measures same as Back to shoulder. Fasten off. Note: Mark 10 sts from center front for neck shaping.

RIGHT FRONT: Work to correspond to Left Front, reversing shaping.

The directions themselves are easy, but I don't quite know what would be considered the "center front" and am unsure as to what shape these two pieces will become to tell if I'm doing it correctly.

The whole pattern is here: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/878.html

Thanks in advance for any help I may receive. :)

- Melissa

2 answers to this question

Ok - I'm going to give a crack at this seeing no one else has replied.

The 'stitch' is the seed stitch. I like it because it's not 'bulky' and lays flat. It's also reversable so that the front or back of piece will look the same.

once you get going, and every 4th row you are 'decreasing' it should slowly

curve the front edge. It's not a straight edge up the front. The "center front" is where the two front pieces meet. Like a button down or zipper front.

Does this make any sense?? Not sure if this actually helps you or not, but it's the best that I can explain.

Thank you so very muchly, yes- it makes total sense. Now I can finally get working on the jacket. :clap It's also good to know that it's reversable; I can just see myself trying to find the right/wrong sides and just getting frustrated. Thanks again.

- Melissa

Archived