S & B HH - LadyLike Lace Gloves -HELP

funkyreporter

Question

Pattern is Lady Like Lace Gloves on page 244 of the soft-cover Stitch & Bitch Happy Hooker.

Such an innocent, simple looking pair of fingerless gloves... but then why do I want to impale myself with my own crochet hook?

I am stuck STUCK STUCK (stuck like when my son's lizard walked on fly paper behind the fridge)

I'm at row 36 (unless I miscounted which could be my whole problem) and I'm Chaining 14, sc in each of next 12 ch's, but I'm not ending up anywhere near the 'remaining stitches in row 34! In fact, I'm ending up with an appendage sticking out of the wrist portion of the glove with nowhere to go!!!!

Even in writing this I'm thinking I should be on the OTHER end, and that the chain 14 appendage might be part of a thumb????

This is the second time I got stuck. I first got stuck on row 4 and had to re-do it literally about eight times before I finally 'got it' - if I could have opened the window on the 9th floor of the Compton courthouse where I was passing the time I would have flung this book right over south central!

So, kind people, what's my problem? (Ah Leah, you may NOT answer that!)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived