Cotton Bath Puff

auntbubbels

Question

I found this cute bath puff and cant get past the first round - duh

It says Ch 10, join with a sl st to first ch to form ring - I got that

Round 1: Sc in ring, (ch 5, sc in ring) 40 times; ch 30, sc in ring; join with

a sl st to first sc

Round 2: Sl st into first ch 5 loop, ch 4 (to count as first dc and ch 1), (dc, ch 1) 7 times in same loop; (dc, ch 1) 8 times in each ch 5 loop around; sl st in each ch of the ch 30 loop (this forms the hanging loop); join with a sl st to the 3rd ch of the beginning ch 4

I am having problems understanding Round 1 instructions. I did a sc & ch5 in every stitch but that doesnt equal 40 -

I am sure someone can read round 1 and help me

Thank you

4 answers to this question

I think what it's saying to do is to sc around into the ring and then ch 5, you'll do that for a total of 40 times and then at the end do a longer one for a loop to hang it.

thank you, i will try that - i am new to reading patterns and usually a round ends when you get to the beginning -

you learn something new everyday - thanks for responding so quickly

:cheer

what I am doing is a sc then ch5 in ring and doing that 40 times

I think that is different from what you said

Crochetcatskills responded to me and thats what she recommended. I tried it your way (if I understood it correctly and it wasnt looking right):cheer

I've made the bath scrubbie you're working on. You are doing it the correct way. After you have done the intial 10 chains and slip stitched to make a circle , you do a single crochet in the circle, chain 5, single crochet in the circle, chain 5 unitl you have 40 chain 5 loops,, then you chain 30 and use a slipstitch to join it to the first single crochet: the longer 30 chain loop ends up bing the handle for the scubbie.

Archived