Need Advice on Lighting

kathome

Question

What kind of lighting do you prefer? I have heard a lot about the Ott light, but don't want to spend the money (they are expensive) just to find out that there is something better out there.

My poor eyes are getting old and tired and I refuse to give up my thread crochet. After all - - a girl has to have standards.:box

Thanks for any opions and help you can offer.

1 answer to this question

I have a halogen torchier lamp near where I sit on the couch and crochet and it illuminates everything really well, but the bulb gets extremely hot and gets dimmer as it wears out. I also have two Ott-type lamps that I use upstairs in my sewing/quilting area that I absolutely love. The bulbs stay fairly cool and last forever. I bought my little folding desk light at one of the big-box office supply stores for around $30 (similar style to the one selling at Joann's for $59!) I also bought an adjustable floor lamp at Tuesday Morning with two light settings for around $60 (similar to the one selling at Joann's for 2x the amount). Both of these lamps have the "true light" or "daylight" or "full spectrum" type bulbs in them. If you already have a floor lamp you can use, you might want to go to a lighting store and see if you can replace your bulb with one of the "true light" bulbs. Or look into what is available at your office supply store.

Archived