a question

CROCHETCHICK28

Question

1 answer to this question

There is a software for knitters that can also be used by crocheters. It's called knitware design and you can find it here: http://www.knitware.ca/index.htm

When it comes to gauge, everybodies is a bit different. There are some basic guides you can use, such as the yarn labels, but the best thing to do is to crochet a square in either single or doubles and then count how many stitches and rows you have in 2 or 4 inches. This is your gauge.

I say that everyones gauge is a bit different is because I tend to crochet and knit tight. I'm knitting something right now using a larger needle just to make gauge.

So, I would suggest that you crochet some squares using the recommended hook on the label and see how close you get. If you have more stitches, go up one size on the hook. If you have too few, go down a size.

You can also use different types of yarns and keep a journal of what your gauge is in the different yarns. Keep track of which hook you used. You could keep the samples in baggies attached to a page.

I've always said I was going to do this, but never have. Which would explain why I need to start everything three times. :blush

So good luck and have fun. I hope this helps.:flower

Archived