Gold Circle Vest from So Simple Crochet

I got this book on a free trial and think I'm going to purchase this one. It's amazing from front to back. I was especially taken with the Gold Circle Vest on page 96. I would love to make this for myself as this black tie dinner that I'm going to with DH next month may be a reoccuring thing. He graduates from college next month and once he gets promoted, these kind of dinners may be more frequent and going out to nice places I need more "nice" things as I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl...

That being said, I'm wondering if anyone has made this and how hard it really is. Also, of course my size isn't listed so I'd have to modify it. Just wanted some opinions on this and see if anyone else has been brave enough to try it. Since I got this book I have looked at this pattern about a dozen times... Thanks for any advice on this!

Donna I have been considering this same project too! I don't have any doubts about my ability to do it...but I am not at all sure I want (or can) take the time as it looks like it takes a loooooong time! Not to mention the concentration (for me anyway) involved.

So, last night I opted to make the shell my next project and let the vest wait until next winter...you know right after the holidays and hibernation seems real attractive!:)

Isn't it funny how here in Crochetville it is not unlikely that several members are having the same thoughts about the same things at the same time!:lol

Archived