Poncho Pattern help - please

Ran1025

Question

3 answers to this question

Mark center 12 shells for neck. Fold fabric in half and sew seam from markers to edges.

Ok, I could be wrong but I think what it's telling you to do is to place a stitch marker along the very center shells of the first row. Then you fold the item in half and sew along the top on both edges.

IMO It can be done a simpler way. I recently made a poncho where I simply just wrapped it around me how I wanted it to look, had my DH put safety pins in the places where I needed to stitch it together and VOILA!

Honestly, to make it easier, if I were you I would wrap it around yourself and get it how you want it to look and do what I did...

Hope it turns out ok for you!! GOOD LUCK!

There are 24 whole shells across the long side. They're asking you to mark the center 12, leaving 6 on each end. When you fold it in half, it's those 6 end shells that will be joined together. An easier way of saying it would be to fold it in half and sew one edge 1/2 way in toward the fold. That seam makes one "arm seam" (don't know what else to call it) and the fold makes the other one. That's how it gets its asymmetrical look. The rest of the finishing is to sc around the neck opening and then also sc all around the open bottom edges.

Archived