ribbon for baby sweater

Rosemary

Question

I need to sew ribbon ties on a newborn baby sweater. The pattern calls for 1/4 inch satin ribbon. I have looked on the net (no stores near me), and I find both single and double faced, though no 1/4 inch in the double faced. Can someone tell me just what type of ribbon they buy? Also, is there an online source.

Thanks so much,

Rosemary

6 answers to this question

:hook You can crochet a wee rosette then a long CH and then work SC into each CH back to the rosette and attach that to each side of the jacket.

They stay tied better than ribbon and are safer.

Hope this is helpful.

Colleen:hug

:think This is how I do it.

:hook CH 4. Join with a SS to form a ring.

:hook *1SC into the loop, CH3,* repeat until you have 6 or so loops. Join with a SS to the first SC.

Now work your CH as long as you need it, then work SS or SCs into each CH, back to the rosette.

Finish off, leaving enough thread to sew the rosette to the neck edge of the jacket.

Make another one for the other side.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Thank you, Aggie May!!! I just tried one rosette, it worked, and I am set to go. I cannot tell you how much I love the folks like you here at Crochetville. I have learned so much.

This was my first baby sweater and hat. Now, I can make beautiful ties for them. Big hugs from me to you.

:cheer It is great to help from one end of the world to the other.

Keep up the good work.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS Right now, it is 3.44pm Wednesday 22nd Feb in NZ.

My daughters 43rd Birthday.

Archived