pattern help

tammyb

Question

I am trying to crochet the pattern for the "Fish Cat Toy and not sure how to proceed. They are really cute though and I know my cats will love them if I can ever get them started. What does it mean to start an adjustable loop? And, how do you not join the chain to make the loop? Also, what is a sc2tog? Where do you change yarn colors within the pattern?

I have not crochet in a while and need to brush up on reading patterns.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 answers to this question

I am trying to crochet the pattern for the "Fish Cat Toy and not sure how to proceed. They are really cute though and I know my cats will love them if I can ever get them started. What does it mean to start an adjustable loop? And, how do you not join the chain to make the loop? Also, what is a sc2tog? Where do you change yarn colors within the pattern?

I have not crochet in a while and need to brush up on reading patterns.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not really familiar with the pattern in question but I will try to help.

An adjustable loop would be the loop you make when your staring your chain.

http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=54

For the not joining the chain, I know there have been patterns I've worked on where you doun't join the chain, instead you work your crochet in the loop indicated.

sc2tog means single crochet 2 stitches together. Its the same as a single crochet decrease

sc2tog (sc decrease)</B> Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook.

I hope that helps

Archived