Pattern Help Needed-Granny Square Slippers

CrochetCatskills

Question

If anyone know how to put together these squares for this pattern,

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/14misc/grannyslippers.shtml

your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I made all the squares having just learned how to make squares and now can not figure out this pattern.

:think:eek:blush

Thank you in advance,

Cindy

PS. I have checked and searched all threads and the web and nothing.

Also maybe we need a new Sub Forum called Pattern Help to go only with the Stitch Help..... Just a thought, :)

3 answers to this question

You should have one big square and three small ones. The big one makes the bottom of the slipper. One small one will cover the toe, another small one makes the back of the heel, and the third small goes over the front of the ankle. In my lovely drawing below:lol , the pink is the large square. The first pic shows how to fold it. The second one shows it folded with a green square attached, which is the small square that makes the toe. The black line shows where you'd sew it to the large pink square. The next two pics show the small heel square (blue) and where you sew to attach it. (The second one is supposed to be a side view.) The last two show the last small square in brown and the red line shows where to sew to attach it for the front of the ankle piece, and also a bad side view. I hope it helps. Sorry it's not better, but I can't draw on a computer, especially in 3D :lol

th_a17a2165.jpg

(clickable pic)

Thank you so much for the illustration, I did it !!! :cheer

I also had emailed the web site and she returned my email and let me know she had added her own illustration to make it easier for others

I'm so excited..... I'm just learning granny squares, started yesterday, and this is the first time I have sewn together a project.

Again, Thank you sooooo much :hugs :flower

Cindy

th_FinishedFrontViewGrannySlipper.jpg

th_FinishedSideViewGrannySlipper.jpg

Archived