Size before and after

Dani

I'm getting ready to felt my first purse with my local crochet group (we meet twice a month at coffee shops to crochet and chit chat). I've got my purse done and now i'm working on a cell phone case to match.

My question is how much do they shrink? Less than half or more than that? Thanks :)

Well it all depends on the kind of yarn used and how many times you wash it... I just finished a whole felted set. A tote, accessory case and cell phone cozy. My cozy only took 2 washings.

I made a bunch more cell cozies yesterday as I'm making a bunch for family and I felted 4 of them. The 2 where I used a thin yarn and little stitches only took 2 washings where as the ones where I used 2 strands of the same yarn and little bit bigger stitches took 5 washings.

This is how I make my cell cozies! I chain til it's about 1/4 longer than my phone. Then I increase at the end of each row 2 times, after that I just HDC around til I get to the top and make a little handle. Just check after each cycle and keep a close eye on it...

Archived