Just Getting Started...

Bretonne

I am a beginning spinner. Actually, I spun a bit as a child on an antique wheel, but have since forgotten "the feel" of spinning, so I'm starting over. I've been seriously considering the Lendrum Folding Wheel, as it's a practical choice for me. Can anyone who's familiar with this wheel tell me about it? And where is a good place to buy wheels online? I'm in the NYC metro area, and wouldn't mind traveling to almost anywhere in the NE to buy one, either... just don't know where.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks! :D

--Dani

I have a Lendrum DT folding wheel -- so does HollyM.

I've had it for almost a year now. I ordered it from The Woolery after test-driving one at MD S+W Festival last May. I bought it with the plying head and the fast flyer -- two choices I'm glad I made.

I bought it because of a number of reasons:

• many different ratios to choose from. I spin bulky to laceweight, so I wanted a wheel that would allow me to do that. The other wheels I was looking at typically didn't go down as fine as I wanted.
  • it spun smoothly for me. This is a very personal feeling however!
  • easy to put together and maintain, not an eyesore, and also semi-portable
  • price with the kit was within my budget

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them! I'd recommend trying one out for yourself before buying it though! :)

Archived