Shrug at Macy's

I think it's a neat twist on a design for a shrug... although I personally wouldn't wear it. I like those cute little knitted three-quarter/short sleeved shrugs they have at JcPennys. Mainly because I haven't finished the one shrug I'm making for the Olympics and I don't like my shrugs baggy. I like 'em tight :devil:lol

Well, it was interesting to read the various opinions on this garment and try to get a picture in my head, then I finally made it to the link.... and it's printing right now :dreaming .... I was looking at the picture, not the words, and thinking "it's kinda slouchy" and then I read Slouchy Shrug Pattern *duh*:yawn getting sleepy, I guess.

Anyway, I think I'll make it! It looks like it would be pretty on... and that little back pouch looks handy to store a cell phone or something *just kidding*:heehee

It's funny, but I remember sewing something like this way back in my high school home economics class. Everyone else was making simple shorts, and I decided to sew this, except it was longer (just covered my backside) and made of gauzy fabric instead of crocheted yarn and had little pleats at the shoulders. It wasn't called a shrug at the time. It was called a cocoon jacket. I always thought shrugs were strictly those tight little jackets or cardigans that stop at the shoulder blades, but I guess the term covers more territory now.

I liked the way the one I made hit me. It's more flattering when that draping bubbled bottom comes in just under your butt since you naturally bubble there anyway. :) It was a nice cover-up for my arms and shoulders. I remember wearing it over summer shells and tanks and with my bathing suit. As someone else pointed out, it's the same concept as wearing a shawl but it doesn't slip around.

That shrug is pretty... I dont think I have seen one from the back view....I am confused about how it is worked up in one piece? I think I might just have to purchase some of the yarn and try it for myself. Thanks for the pattern....and for sharing.

Archived