Hearts hearts hearts...

I'm doing 30 hearts too to make Valentine cards with...how are you doing yours, with thread or yarn? I'm doing thread...have 15 more to go...good luck...

I"m using yarn, I thought that using thread may take too long. the only heart pattern i've got for thread is for a bookmarker. it's nice though, so I may make one. I've got some nice burgundy crochet thread.

Let' see, i've got the valentines day coaster, it's pretty heart, with a lacey edging, and the middle is open. The love bug that was the annie's free pattern of the day, adn the love bug from roxycraft, when it was free, the valentine basket pattern, but really i'll only make the hearts, wth a nice lacey edging, and then the valentine heart fridgie, then this other one heart pin/fridge. it's cute, and you can put google eyes and a little bow on it, oh yeah and then the happy hearts puse. I think i'll just make the hearts.

DS wants me to use red, pink, white, purple, and I suggested blue.

Those all sound great! I got crazy about getting the hearts finished tonight (it's almost 3:00 a.m. where I am) so that all I had to do was the card part tomorrow. I'm all done. There was a heart dishcloth pattern that I think someone did up and posted the link to the pattern and I made the dishcloth last week...it turned out really nice...so for the hearts that I did for the cards, I just did the first two rows with #10 burgandy thread...each heart took me about 10 minutes...15 if I did a 3rd row of edging...which I did on 7 of the hearts...but I was really worried about not making my deadline...as it is, even if I do get the cards in the mail by Friday they may not make it to loved ones on Valentine's Day proper, but at least they won't be like weeks late you know...

Anyway...when I get the cards done I'll take pictures and post and I'll keep tabs on this thread and see how you do...good luck...

Wow, I finally got a class last from DS school. I automatically figured there would be lots of kids in his class. There are only 17! So, I've got 34 hearts made! I made little cards today, and hole punched the corner, so he can write their names on it, and that it's from him. (I should put my name too!) Some of the girly colored ones i'm putting a bit of a edging on it, just a sc, with a chain 3 sk one stitch.......all the way around. :manyheart:hook

I'll put film in the camera tonight, and take pictures! a co-worker also asked me to make a drawstring bag with a heart on it, so i'm going to make that tonight!!!

:manyheart

:ohdearDarn Camera!!!!! :irkI put film in my camera today, just to find out that the battery is dead, so it wouldn't work. too bad!!!! :reyes Well, I've still got a bunch of hearts at home, since DS only has 17 kids in his class, and I made 34 hearts or something.....so when I get a battery for my camera, i'll try to get some pictures! I'll miss taking a picture of the bag though, for my co-worker.

I just made a square bag with hdc, with a nice verigated blue. then a red heart with lace edging, and I made a red drawstring, to bring it all together.

:bheart I also forgot to make reservations for DH and I to go for dinner.......don't know what to do.

• 2 years later...

I would like to get the pattern that was in Quick and Easy Crochet magazine in Jan/Feb 1998 issue, Valentine Hearts Afghan I am making this for my granddaughter who is going to college in the fall. If some one could help me I would be very greatful. Or if anyone has a phone number that I could call Quick and Easy Crochet magazine I could do that. Thank you. Amplatzer Septal Occluder

Archived