HELP PLEASE!!! Heathers Jacket from Crochet World Feb 2006 Issue

donnalynn2

Question

HELP! I even checked my gauge before starting and I believe I have a problem!

This pattern is on page 20 and it says for gauge:

Round 1-4 = 2 1/2 inches

If I measure 1-4 it is actually only 2 inches (which is fine as I figured it'd be a little smaller than I planned)

I have the Jacket back and right front and left front parts done (85% of it) and I'm now working on the sleeves. I am making the largest size which is a 44-48. It says for the sleeve, starting from the bottom edge working up to start with 56 stitches. Well, that's about 17 1/2 inches around when you sew it together! If this is right it would fit Jabba the Hut! By the end of the sleeve you should have 79 stitches. I'm actually larger than a 44-48 and the "bottom" edge of the sleeve fits the upper part of my arm so I know there must be a mistake... I'm using a regular WW yarn Caron One Pounders. This pattern calls for TLC Heathers or any medium worsted weight yarn. Regardless my gauge is not too big so I'm really at a loss.

Can someone help me please???

1 answer to this question

Just thought I'd give it a bump... Anyone with ideas please let me know! I really don't want to proceed if this is completely wrong but I've already invested so much time and work into it! THANKS!

Archived