Need help with a full sized coverlet

I am wanting to crochet a coverlet for our bed from the 64 squares booklet. But I want to use cotton instead. (peaches and cream type yarn) Has anyone tried this? I am thinking that it might really be heavy. It would just cover the top mattress and have a pillowtuck because I hate shams!

Also, I am having a problem finding the rusty red , gold, dark sage colors that I want. I haven't found anything on the 'net. help.gif

Sissy- I don't see why Sugar n' Cream wouldn't work for an afghan. I personally have never tried it, but I've seen people make clothes or scarves out of it. I can't help you with the colors, either, sorry. I'd like to see it if you ever do one, though. :)

Tina

I don't think Peaches and Cream would be too heavy. I would just be a lot of work if it did turn out that way! :(

I checked out ebay and Coats/Clarks, Herrschners, etc. and their color selection is piteful! Now I am wondering about getting white or cream and trying to dye it. Never have done this and it sounds pretty scarey to me!

I don't think Peaches and Cream would be too heavy. I would just be a lot of work if it did turn out that way! :(

I checked out ebay and Coats/Clarks, Herrschners, etc. and their color selection is piteful! Now I am wondering about getting white or cream and trying to dye it. Never have done this and it sounds pretty scarey to me!

Have you can tried http://www.sugarncream.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=44a8c3a78bb7b1db735bbe69d2c00677

This is the web site for Lily who makes the sugar and cream. They show all the colors it is in, and I did not see rusty red , gold, dark sage .

I have an afghan on my bad that my mother made out of regular size 10 thread and it is very warm. Just keep that in mind.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for.:hook

I have found the exact colors that i want it Red Heart 4 ply, but feel like it might be a bit too stretchy. I also have a poodle that likes to paw around in the bed, but I guess I will have to use it to get he colors I want.

Thanks for all of the help.

Archived