Cool Crochet: Pennina Jacket

Luvmyrott'nboy

Question

Hi everyone. Just got my copy of Cool Crochet and would like to do the Pennina jacket (and just about everything else in it!). The pattern is very easy to follow except for one part: "Right front: work same as left but RS and WS will be reversed".

:think That's all, no "reverse shaping (which perplexes me too but that's another thread!)",or other direction at all.

So, should I just make two fronts and that's it? I don't have the book with me now but if I start the armhole shaping on the first side on a WS row, would I start it on the second on a RS row? Wouldn't it be lopsided if I did that?

Or should I just make the two fronts and shut my mouth?;)

Has anyone here made that jacket? It is soooooooo nice!

PS: Lacy Cardigan is on my agenda too!

2 answers to this question

Denise,

I just bought this book and looked up that jacket. From what I understand, the stitch does not create a right and wrong side of fabric, so you can make two of the same front and reverse one before assembly. Make up a gauge swatch to verify this, but that's my take.

PS. I also want to make many of the patterns in this book - after I lose this extra 40 lbs!

Debby

Denise,

I just bought this book and looked up that jacket. From what I understand, the stitch does not create a right and wrong side of fabric, so you can make two of the same front and reverse one before assembly. Make up a gauge swatch to verify this, but that's my take.

PS. I also want to make many of the patterns in this book - after I lose this extra 40 lbs!

Debby

Thanks! That's kinda what I thought but wanted to check with the pros!

I am making the short raglan sleeve off the shoulder top now.

The halters and bikini, however, NOT:lol

Archived