Going to be in Los Angeles and need yarn shops

candi

I will be coming to Los Angeles next week for 10 days or so because my oldest son will be having facial reconstruction at UCLA (he had a car accident five years ago and is still be reconstructed). I understand there are no HOBBY LOBBY stores in California at this time :eek so I need to know where to shop for yarn. Don't want to go into withdrawals :lol . I will probably be bringing my stash with me (or part of it), but if I get bored would love to go shopping. I am working on a thread crochet bedspread so I can bring that.

Also, where are the best places to grocery shop (best quality, low prices) in and around the Hawthorne area? We have a suite at TownePlace and it has a full kitchen. Trying to save a bit of money.

Any help, tips, etc. that you LAers could give me would be greatly appreciated!

If you think about it, would you keep my son in your prayers for a healthy week this week and a successful surgery? Thank you and God bless.

There are tons of stores on the Westside (near UCLA). I live over there so my recommendations are Yarns Unlimited (huge selection from the inexpensive to the expensive), Wild Fiber, Amano, Stitches from the Heart. These are my favorites. If you want addresses or phone numbers for either, send me a pm and I'd be happy to give them to you.

Archived