instructions for a circular crochet hook

crafty lady

Question

Hi There,

My name is Wanda and I'm from No. Attleboro, Ma. Have a question, does anyone have instructions on how to use the circular round crochet hook? Now it's not the double flat crochet I know how to use that one. I purchase this circular crochet hook at Walmart, but of course no instructions came with it. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to take the crochet needle that I have and put it to good use. I've looked all over and found no information on how to get started with this needle. Thank you and have a good day.

Wanda

1 answer to this question

Not positive what you mean by circular round crochet hook. I only know of two types, both are cabled, one has hooks on both ends and the other has a peg or stopper on the end opposite the hook.

They are both used for Tunisian/Afghan stitch. From your post I am thinking that you already know how to do the Afghan stitch. The cabled versions are for doing wider pieces like afghans or adult sweaters.

The double ended hooks are used to create a double sided piece of "material", where the single hook has a definite front and back. The stitch is done the exact same way, the only difference is when you have the double hook, you will flip your work and work from the opposite side with a second ball of yarn every other row.

Hope I explained it well enough.

Archived