Stage fright or lack of confidence?

Last night I finish my « spring, not so springy, crochet », I am pretty excited, I can’t wait to wear it but at the same time I am a little worried that it will look tacky. I will have pictures soon so I can show you but I was wondering;

Are you sometime feeling like your work might not look as good as you think it does?:fame or :blush

Maybe it is just a lack of confidence, kinda like stage fright . I guess I feel that it is a part of me since I work so hard at it and I feel that I will be judge at the same time as my work…Maybe I am just thinking too much.

Anyway, I will have picture tonight to show you but I needed to get somebody else’s opinion… let me know what you think

Thanks

I think that every time I make something! I am so new and self-taught that I am paranoid!! But I bet your work is beautiful!

I've looked at that pattern often and wished there was a better picture. I'm very anxious to see yours!

I always feel the same way until someone comments on it, then I feel less nervous. My sister wears stuff I made for her and she said the snobs she works with first compliment it then ask where she got it and when she tells them her sister made it, then they aren't as impressed because it didn't come from a store. Dorks!

• 2 months later...

Congrats on making AND wearing your beautiful top! Handmade is never out of fashion, except to those snobby, jealous folks that haven't got your talent or the gumption to try!

I don't know about other people, but I would rather be gifted with something handmade than store bought. Doesn't take talent to pull out a credit card, but it does to execute a complex pattern. Just tell them it's one of a kind, custom creation.

Tari, you can be proud to wear what you made. It's beautiful! ....and not a thing wrong with it! Sometimes people say things that aren't nice, just because they are jealous......You have a talent that they don't have. It's a shame that some people can be so cruel. Wear your new top with pride and hold your head up high!:cheer

Daisy.

Archived