shrug variation help

lotus

Question

i have been expeirmenting with making a shrug similar to the "fluffy Pink shrug" - i can do the first part, with the rectangle folded to become the tube you put the arms thru...however i DONT want to have the collar on the shrug...i want it to come down in the back with the kind of curve -up around the sides that it does, but i don't want the collar....i tried doing something where i made the rectangle, then sort of slipstitched, single corcheted, then double crocheted across the bottom, then reversed that stitch sequent, but i still cannot get it to look right. does anybody have any idea what i am trying to say here?? or could someone please tell me how to give the basic rectangle-shrug a back w/o a collar (in the circlular manner)????

:think

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure I know what you mean, but I do think that the shrug schematics, as brilliant as they are, are limited in its shaping. I make something very similar, but I work from sleeve to sleeve, and what I do is I increase the amount of stitches as I work up the arm and toward the back, so that when I get to the back it is wider (from top to bottom), but I'm not even sure that's what you mean. With the shrug schematics, if you only work a few rounds around the hole, it won't really make a collar. Mrs. Who does a lot of rounds, but if you only do a few, maybe that would work out. I don't think you can crochet on just one side of the hole and have good results.

Monael -

i know what you mean, but wont' that result in a sort of "flap" hanging down the back? i would like for it to taper away on the sides, like the ones in the store do...i think i will have to try TepperWear;s suggestion of working sleeve-to-sleeve and increasing in the middle....but thank you for taking an interest and offering advice

Archived