Durable yarn

donnalynn2

Question

I noticed that my little Poodle Tweety's sweater I made her has a rather large hole in it. She's a very active little doggie so I shouldn't be surprised. I am going to make her another one but am unsure as to what type of yarn to use.

This one was made with Red Heart WW yarn. I would love to make the new one in Caron's Simply Soft but I'm wondering how durable it is... Anyone have any ideas? She practically lives in this sweater and has been walking around almost "looking" for it since we took it off her... Poor thing... As if I didn't need one more project to complete this week! :eek I have the colors and yarn in Simply Soft but if it's too "delicate" I'd rather buy what will be the best option... Thanks for any suggestions!

1 answer to this question

MY only idea would be rug yarn if you could find some that's not too "scratchy." My experience (which I'll freely admit is limited! LOL!) is that the Caron simply soft has "worn" about the as the Red Heart I've used. I've only used them for afghans and people sweaters though so I don't want to speculate on the differences as daily doggie wear. Sorry I couldn't help more!

Katie

Archived