HELP altering pattern for size

Julie B in WA

Question

Has anyone ever tried to make the monster feet slipper socks http://home.inreach.com/marthac/toes.html , only altered to fit adults? They are for toddlers, but our game nite crowd is having a white elephant party on Friday. Let's just say the guys are all Monty Python fans, and we consider the Princess Bride literature. I would LOVE to make these socks and see one of our guys wear them!

Any hints on where to start? I'm trying to get these up to a men's 11.

Camo green yarn and some fun fur maybe? Hmm.... :devil

2 answers to this question

I've only ever sized a kid's poncho to make it a baby poncho but here is what i did. I found another pattern that was the size i was looking for. I figured out the number of a "stich group" (i just made that up what i mean is say the pattern calls for a certain stich and it takes 4 chains for one stich or the series of stiches needed then then your chain needs to be divisble by 4, does that make sense?). Then I made the number of chains similar to the pattern that was the correct size but still divisble by what i needed. I'm not sure that makes sense. It's hard to explain. And I don't know that it will work for socks ... Sorry I may not be much help :(

Well, first off I am using a heavier yarn/bigger hook, then I just keep asking my teenage son (aka bigfoot) to stick his foot out at me so I can eyeball it. I REALLY hope these work- I am using Jiffy in grass green, and I'm holding it together with fun fur in chocolate on the leg part, and then will add fur on the toes, too. I'm only ten rows in, but I'll let you know how they turn out!

Archived