Double Ripple Afghan ?

Lovegourds

Question

Can anyone help me? This is the 3rd double ripple afghan I've made and because I sc a doll dress I have now forgotten what I'm doing wrong. My chain is around 270 but that doesnt matter because I know how to take out the end if to long and weave in. Here is my pattern. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 3 dc in next ch, dc in next 10 ch, sk next 2 chs,

3 dc in next ch, repeat to the end which would be the valley part, after ch 3 where do I go from there? After I turn I sk the first dc and try to continue on but I'm ending up with too many stiches on top or not enought chs:think . This is a pattern my mother-in-law tought me and anything similar will help. This is an afghan for my little girl that will be done in her school colors:cheer Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 answers to this question

Remember that the ripple is a series of increases and decreases so at the beginning of each row, you need to increase ONE stitch, through the rest of the row, you are decreasing TWO stitches at each valley & increasing TWO stitches at each peak, then increasing ONE stitch at the end before working 1DC into top of turning CH.

At the END of each row, work CH3 and turn in a clockwise direction (Makes the CH easier to work into when you get back to it on the next row)

If you need any more help just yell.

Have fun.

Colleen.

PS I always have a little trouble getting started on this stitch too but once you get going, it works well.

Remember that the ripple is a series of increases and decreases so at the beginning of each row, you need to increase ONE stitch, through the rest of the row, you are decreasing TWO stitches at each valley & increasing TWO stitches at each peak, then increasing ONE stitch at the end before working 1DC into top of turning CH.

At the END of each row, work CH3 and turn in a clockwise direction (Makes the CH easier to work into when you get back to it on the next row)

If you need any more help just yell.

Have fun.

Colleen.

PS I always have a little trouble getting started on this stitch too but once you get going, it works well.

I have never increased or decreased. I have an instruction booklet on how to but I have only ever done: ch 10, sk 2, ch 10, sk 2, etc. It's always worked out before.

Thanks, Donna

:eek When you SK 2 sts or CH, you are decreasing and when you work 3 DC into one stitch you are increasing.

This is how the ripple works.

You may not realise that you are decreasing and increasing because you end up with the same number of stitches when the row is finished, but that is what you are doing.

Believe me.

Isnt that wonderful, you learned something without even knowing it.:cheer

Hope you get going with your pattern.

Feel free to PM me if you need more one on one help.

Have fun.

Colleen

I found you a pattern which is available on the internet.

It is called Easy Ripple Afghan.

http://home.att.net/~susanBinkC/patterns/ripple.html.

I will check it our to make sure the link works.

Found it posted on HGTV Message Boards.

It is not exactly the same as the one you are trying to remember but I hope it helps.

Colleen.

Yahoooo! It works. I usually get something wrong.

Archived