i'm gonna get done. i just know it.

i've been working on some christmas gifts for a few friends and family. i made a sparkly shawl for my MIL. she's about the only one i know who likes to get all dressed up for get togethers. i'm pretty good at hats and scarves now, so i've made sets for hubby's boss' preteen daughter, a teen friend of ours, and a hat/scarf set plus a cell phone pouch for our son's girlfriend. i'm making a poncho for our teen friend, too. its one of those thats made in a rectangle, then stitch the end to the side. i've never figured out how to make V shapes.

i've also made 11 hats, so far, out of leftover yarn. those are going to some local charity as soon as i find out who to give them to. i thought about taking them to the elementary school for kids that show up for school with nothing warm on their heads. we did that with storebought mittens one year. the office staff knows who needs them.

soon, i'll be able to start on my crochet-alongs that i signed on for. i think the grandma's garden one is gonna end up being done in baby yarn for a friend's granddaughter-to-be. the proud grandma is one of my garden club friends. how appropriate. i'm still thinking about what to do for the skein-a-week CAL. i'm leaning toward a patchwork sort of throw.

well, back at it. only 2 weeks to go. (sorry. i shouldn't talk like that. lol)

I keep saying that I know I will get my neice's afghan done before Christmas too. I and I really hope that I do. But I keep putting it down as it has gotten to the point where it is getting boring to work on. I also have one started for MIL that is just because I alwas cover up when I am there and the other day the throw that I had given her years ago just wasn't warm enough! So it will be ok if that one is no done. I did finish a scarf for my son, an afghan for my work gift, a scarf and headband for son's teacher. I kept my crocheted Christmas list pretty short this year! Good luck and work hard! You can do it!!:cheer

I started out only having a few people to crochet gifts for, but as it gets closer and closer to Christmas I keep thinking of more people I need to make something for! Well, six items down and seven more to go...

i finished all my christmas projects and now i'm down to cookies and buying a few last minute gifts for dad and my son. they are the worst to buy for. they are both bad about buying what they want and leaving me with no ideas.

as far as crocheting goes, i'm working on my grandmothers flower garden CAL and making some scarves for the red scarf project. i've got 2 scarves done and i'm working on a camo one. that is the funnest yarn for guy stuff. i'm gonna make a couple probably.

Archived